A root canal may be needed if the decay has reached the tooth's nerve. Essentially, a root canal involves cleaning out a tooth's infected root, then filling and sealing the canal.
- An opening is made through the crown of the tooth into the pulp chamber.
- The pulp is removed, and the root canals are cleaned, enlarged and shaped.
- The infected area is medicated.
- The root canals are filled.
- The crown opening is filled with a temporary.
Why a Root Canal?
A cavity that has been left untreated can become larger. Once the cavity reaches the pulp of the tooth, an infection forms at the base of the root canal, causing an abscess. This abscess is generally painful and will need to be removed.
Post and Crown
A post and crown is used when there is not enough tooth structure left for retention after your root canal procedure to support a crown, a post will be placed upon the tooth root. Polin Dental will then make a crown buildup around the post. After that, a crown will be placed on the buildup.
If you live in the Boca Raton area and are suffering from tooth pain, call 561-997-2323 and set up an appointment to have our office check your teeth and relieve your pain today. Don't suffer needlessly with tooth pain. Let the friendly staff at Polin Dental help you smile again.